College is a place where a person can grow in leadership, professionalism, and socially. Participating in Campus organizations ranging from cultural clubs, to political clubs to Student Government provides a student the opportunity to push their boundaries and explore new avenues of interest. Because of this we created College Experience Opportunities, a program designed to expose students to some of the experiences that college has to offer.

Our founder, Nelson McCoy often says, “30% of what I learned in college happened in the classroom, the other 70% came from my experiences outside the classroom.” We have embraced this saying at The Center and want to expose high school students to as many different aspects of collegiate life as possible in an effort to motivate and prepare them to fully take advantage of the programs and opportunities at their college or university.

University of Arkansas Pine Bluff

The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is an 1890 Land-Grant HBCU with a diverse student population, competitive degree offerings and stellar faculty. For more than 140 years, the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff has worked to create an environment that inculcates learning, growth and productivity while affording a basic need to its students – a chance to advance. You can excel in your chosen field of study through a curriculum of Certificate and Associates degree programs, more than thirty Undergraduate programs, Master’s degree programs and a Doctorate program in Aquaculture/Fisheries. You can also develop workplace readiness through internships, co-ops and fellowships in the U.S. and abroad.

The Ohio State University

Ohio State’s roots go back to 1870, when the Ohio General Assembly established the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College. The new college was made possible through the provisions of the Land-Grant Act, signed by President Lincoln on July 2, 1862. The Ohio State University’s main Columbus campus is one of America’s largest and most comprehensive. More than 56,000 students select from 14 colleges, 175 undergraduate majors, and 240 master’s, doctoral, and professional degree programs. As Ohio’s best and one of the nation’s top-20 public universities, Ohio State is further recognized by a top-rated academic medical center and a premier cancer hospital and research center.

Brown University

Brown was founded in 1764—the third college in New England and the seventh in America. Brown was the first Ivy League school to accept students from all religious affiliations, a testament to the spirit of openness that still typifies Brown today. Originally located in Warren, Rhode Island and called the College of Rhode Island, Brown moved to its current spot overlooking Providence on College Hill in 1770 and was renamed in 1804 in recognition of a $5,000 gift from Nicholas Brown, a prominent Providence businessman and Brown alum, Class of 1786.

The University of Florida

In 1853, the state-funded East Florida Seminary took over the Kingsbury Academy in Ocala. The seminary moved to Gainesville in the 1860s and later was consolidated with the state’s land-grant Florida Agricultural College, then in Lake City. In 1905, by legislative action, the college became a university and was moved to Gainesville. Classes first met with 102 students on the present site on Sept. 26, 1906. UF officially opened its doors to women in 1947. With more than 50,000 students, UF is now one of the largest universities in the nation. UF is consistently ranked among the nation’s top universities: No. 17 in U.S. News and World Report “Top Public Universities” (August 2012); No. 3 in Kiplinger’s “Best Values in Public Colleges” (2013); No. 3 in the Fiske Guide to Colleges list of Best Buys Among Publics (2014); and No. 15 on the Forbes list of best public universities (2013)